Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ourselves, Reincarnated

    I have always found the concept of reincarnation fascinating, however it ignites a sense of anxiety in me when I really start to think about it. First off, does it actually happen? If you believe in the human soul, then it is perfectly plausible to think once it leaves your body after death, it may travel the world and ultimately end up somewhere other than heaven. But does it actually enter the body of another human being? Some people believe the soul goes to heaven, hell, or purgatory after death. Some people believe is simply ceases to exist once your life has ended. And some people believe there are souls trapped on earth. There may be countless spirits around us at all times unaware that they have even passed on, wondering who we are and why we are in their house. How did they get stuck here?

   Then, of course, there is reincarnation. How is it determined? Is it randomly selected who you'll inhabit after you die? Who makes the decision where you end up? And how many times does your soul change bodies before it ends up somewhere like heaven or hell? Could you be a religious, law abiding citizen in one life, and then become a crazy sadistic serial killer in the next life? And if so, is your soul condemned to hell based on the actions of this killer, even though previous lives have all been immaculate? I don't think we can ever really know the answer to these things, however, it makes me wonder what I may have been in a past life. There are a few different sets of scenery that I have always been drawn to since I was young. There may be other reasons I find these places interesting, but I have to wonder if any of it is residual past life energy.

    For starters, I've always liked any setting in England, prior to the 19th century. I cant exactly explain why either. I have never been to England but I love the scenery. The castles, the clothes, the furniture, the horse-drawn carriages and of course the music! When I think about this time period, I feel somewhat safe and comfortable. Could this have been a past life? If it was, I must have either been royalty, or a servant in a royal castle. The feeling of safety leads me to believe I wasn't ever in danger. Another scene I've always felt connected to was the deep south like Mississippi, Georgia, Louisiana or anywhere else in that area. The sight of Spanish moss and old plantation mansions literally causes my heart rate to go up. I've never been to the south before, yet I feel somehow connected to it. This one, however, is a much less comfortable feeling. I do not feel safe or happy here at all. In fact, I feel very scared and anxious when I picture this scenery. If this is a past life, it wasn't a pleasant one.

   I suppose a clairvoyant or a psychic may be able to shed some light on a subject such as this. I would pay good money to know whether or not I've had any past lives, and exactly what they were. Am I somehow connected to these scenes that stir up strong emotions, or is there some other reason my blood pressure goes up when I Spanish Moss? I've heard that for certain people who have a tremendous fear of dying a specific way such as drowning or being buried alive, it's due to the death of a past life being killed in that specific manner. What an amazing concept! If any of this is true, the human soul is more powerful than we will ever fully understand. Where will our souls go from here?

No comments: